Bachelorette parties are a time for brides to relax with their friends. Nothing is as essential to a great bachelorette party than the people. As a bridesmaid, it is your job to coordinate with the other bridesmaid to make sure your friend has a great time. The first rule of a bachelorette party is make it special and personal for the bride.
The length of the party matters, but the specifics are less important than getting together. Bachelorette parties are commonly done over a weekend, but can be condensed to a single day as well. Weekend long parties often involve some sort of travel, with Nashville, Las Vegas, and Austin being common destinations.
If you’re planning a weekend getaway and want to really make the bride’s day, try to think about places the bride loves or a special destination she has wanted to go on. Fun alternatives could include a ski trip or exploring some vineyards.
If traveling, also consider an Airbnb rather than a hotel. Having a house together can be a lot more fun than cramming together in a hotel room. If you choose to stay closer to home that doesn’t mean the evening can’t be memorable. Traditional activities include splurging on a top restaurant, checking in for a spa day, or spending time outdoors.
Physical activity can also be a great way to spend some time together. Exercise releases endorphins that helps improve mood. Some activities to consider are a group cooking class, hitting the beach, rafting down a lazy river, or taking a tour.
Regardless of the plans time and budget allow, there are a few key things to keep in mind when planning the event:
- Schedule the day out in advance and make sure to build in flexibility. Having all activities planned in advance with free time in between will keep everyone running smoothly. A few things may pop up unexpectedly so flexibility and breaks to relax will help keep everyone stress-free and energized.
- Include time to eat throughout the day. It’s common to try to cram in as many activities as possible. Eating is a nice way to build in a break while also keeping up everyone’s mood and energy.
- Don’t waste time being hungover. Enjoying drinks together is a common bachelorette party tradition, so make sure to be prepared. Check out Ralli’s alcohol recovery products for a scientific and healthy approach to ensuring nobody is feeling sick.
- Bring extra clothes and accessories for all planned (and unplanned) activities. It’s easy to get caught up in the event and end up unprepared. Making sure you have a checklist, and reminding that forgetful friend will keep the day running smoothly.
- Gifts and goodies are really enjoyed. Having custom clothes or goodies are a fun way to commemorate the day. It is also common to get a gift for the bride, as a special way to remind her you care.
A bachelorette party is a great time for the bride and her best friends to get together, relax, and enjoy themselves before the wedding. Planning the event can be as big or small of an undertaking as you desire, what’s most important is that the group has fun. Oh, and that the bride doesn’t get into too much trouble!